Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Weekend

This Easter, my mom and I went to Arkansas, where my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and soon to be niece live! They live in Centerton, and I really love the area.



Anyway activities included watching conference, feeding geese, going to the park, playing trains, playing wii sports, scrapbooking, going to walmart, talking about the new baby, etc. I had so much fun with all of them. Brendon is 2, and will turn 3 in July. He is a little firecracker. He is so fun, and says the funniest things. Trains and Thomas the Tank Engine are his thing, so playing trains was a daily occurance. He will shout, "Lo-Los, Play Trains!" Its pretty cute. One of his other favorite things is to feed the geese at a nearby pond. It is definetly a treat to see how excited he gets. He will describe it as "way fun!" haha I definetly miss him.
My cute preggo sister-in-law!

Feeding the Geese!


At the Park!


Talking about the soon to be baby girl was also fun. Mom brought a few clothes for her, and I made a scrapbook for her. A friend of Christie's also gave her some used clothes. It was exciting to start getting ready for her. Hopefully I will be able to meet her in august or so. Her name will be Arianna May, at this point anyway. haha. Christie and Tony are funny when discussing this :)

Conference and Easter sunday were very special as well. I would have to say that my favorite talk was by President Dieter F. Uctdorf. It probably isn't good to have a favorite General Authority, but hands down, he is my FAVORITE! He is such a teddy bear! I do not remember all he said, but I remember how I felt. It will be good to read that one when it comes out next month, and all for that matter. But it is so true that Love makes all the difference. I have a friend on a mission, and he recently told me that same thing. Loving the members makes all of the difference. :)

Brendon recieved a few fun church books and church action figures for easter, along with candy from "the easter bunny' which is always fun, but the best is remembering the resurrection of Christ. Christie and Tony had the missionaries for easter dinner, and we played an activity called spiritual eggs. There were numbered eggs, and we took turns reading them and holding the item inside. The scriptures had to do with the crucifixtion and ressurection. In the last egg there was nothing, because the tomb was empty. :) Im sure many of you have played some version of this activity on easter, but I just wanted to share with you how neat I thought it was. Easter was great! :)

2 comments:

DJ said...

You are such an awesome aunt. I wish you were my kid's aunt!
Conference was awesome. I am looking forward to being able to read the talks soon.
We did do the easter eggs/scriptures & items for our FHE's leading up to Easter. I really like it too! The primary actually did it for their primary party this year so I didn't have to do any of the prep just used it for our family home evenings and loved it. I love Easter.
And as always iloveyou!

Hoffman Family said...

seeing her name on the your blog made me like that spelling! I think that seals the deal! Anthony will be so happy!! We really miss you!